Go content


The History

Gaya Period
Year 42 King Ijinashi found Daegaya
Year 562 Merged into Shilla in the 23rd year of King Jinheung and remained as Daegaya-gun
Unified Silla Period
Year 757 Rename as Goryeong-gun in the 16th year of King Gyeongdeok and belonged to Gangju current Jinju) (Have Yaro County current Hapcheon Yaro) as the spirit of departed There are Sinbok County (current Ugok-Myeon area)
Goryeo Period
Year 1018 Goyang-gun was remained as Yeongcheon county at the 9th year of King Hyeonjong Subordinated to Gyeongsan-bu (current Sungju) Yaro County moved to Hapcheon-gun
Year 1175 Created local officials in the 5th year of King Myeongjong
Joseon Period
Year 1413 Created county officials in the 13th year of King Taejong
Year 1895 After revising the local government organization in the 32 year of King Gojong, remained Goryeong county as Goryeong-gun
Year 1906 Absorbed 9 bangs of Seongju-gun and 3 bangs of Hyeongpung-gun in the 10th year of Gojong Gwangmy so it became 26 bangs
Year 1914
Year 1914 Due to the rearrangement of gun and Myeon, there's 9 Myeon
Year 1930
Year 1930 Ssangdong-Myeon and Imcheon-Myeon merged and became Ssangnim-Myeon so there's only 8 Myeons
Year 1979
Year 1979 The status of Goryeong-Myeon became eup, so there are currently 1 eup and 7 Myeons
Year 2015
Year 2015 The Name of Goryeong-eup was changed Daegaya-eup